Saturday 2 October 2010

october








(images from last October)
~~~~~
hello and welcome, dear October!
I've been waiting for you.
you'll bring me happiness, won't you?
~ you'll take me home next weekend - come friday, don't be late!
~ you'll paint my life with your warm colours - so many trees around me; can't wait to see their new clothes.
~ you'll send me birthday wishes from near and from far away - I know you will!
~you'll make me cry ( I know) with the news of the birth of a baby boy
~ you'll bring my dad to stay for a few weeks - I love watching soap operas with him ( I never do it when he's not around) and listening to stories of times gone by.
~ you'll make me wear warm clothes and boots - I love warm clothes and boots
~ you'll introduce me to musicians and authors unknown so far to me (via snail mail - love it!)
~~~~~
I'm ready for you October!
~~~~~
Happy October everyone!
xxx

10 comments:

Lynne said...

What a lovely post. And Happy Birthday when it comes. Looks like you're all ready and looking forward to October.

jabblog said...

October is a lovely month, sharing the best of summer and autumn. Happy birthday, October girl :-)

Sarah said...

Lovely October! A great month indeed. I love that picture of the chickens casually strolling down the road. Your descriptions of October are very evocative.

katrina lauren said...

happy october to you!
the start of another beautiful autumn month. it sounds like you have many exciting things to look forward to and many memories to make in sweet october!
enjoy cozy sweaters and warm boots, new babies so sweet & small, a birthday celebration for you and all the other many things you have on the go!
xo.
k

Erin {pughs' news} said...

Happy October to you, Yiota. Sounds like it's going to be a wonderful month! Enjoy...

Tracy said...

Happy October... Happy Autumn Days, Yiota :o) ((HUGS))

Iphigenia said...

Yiota, such lovely thoughts. Happy new month to you too!!!. Musician and authors...all sharing their ideas and thoughts with us...I enjoy this too. Enjoy your time spent with your Dad and all the best. xo

Feline said...

It's my favourite month and autumn my favourite season ... mellow fruitfulness.

Operaton You said...

Well, I think October was very happy to receive that warm welcome.. I think I will hang onto October and visit with him... Sweet words!

Relyn Lawson said...

These pictures are marvelous!! Especially the first and last.