Thursday 9 December 2010

December 9th - grateful for ...

{ the blanket stitch }



The best thing about doing needlepoint for very small children is that they are so uncritical. They don't say things like, "I see you've missed some stitches over here on the leg, was that intentional?" or "Was this creature blinded in a fight?" They will clasp it in their little arms and love it besottedly, inseparably as the thing becomes more and more rancid.

~Carole Berman and Jennifer Lazarus

~~~~~

I think today's choice needs a bit of explanation; you see, my sewing machine broke down on Monday, leaving me with a whole list of projects to be completed by the end of the week, presents mostly. I was quite miserable after that until of course I came to my senses and realised it was not the end of the world and there are always alternatives. There's no way I'll manage to do everything I wanted to but , well, c'est la vie!

(and yes, there's a reason you only see part of what I've made!)

Take Care!

xxx

3 comments:

Marigold Jam said...

I'm so glad you are able to see the bigger picture - it's not easy when you are thwarted like that!

Jane

Cassie said...

All the inspiring stories of handmade gifts around the blogworld, including yours, is making me promise myself I will try to do the same next year.
xx

Lisa said...

Good for you - you're pluggin' along. You may make better progress than you expect. I hope things fall together for you in time.