Tuesday 15 March 2011

a lesson for life


One of the things I want my son to learn as he grows up,
is to notice and appreciate the little things around him.
΅΅΅΅΅΅΅΅
When he woke up this morning I told him to look around and see if he could spot
something amazing that had happened while we were sleeping.
It took him a while, but when I showed him the little pots on the bookshelves,
he was so happy to see the bright yellow petals, which had sprung open overnight.
He was so excited he gave me a big hug and started jumping up and down!

΅΅΅΅΅΅΅΅΅΅
Mission accomplished!

Take Care!
xxx

7 comments:

Marigold Jam said...

What an excellent teacher you must be and I hope you son will remember some of the lessons you are teaching him.

Jane x

Happy@Home said...

What a sweet story and a beautiful flower. Your son is lucky to have a mom who cares enough to instill this in him.

jabblog said...

Well done, Yiota! He may not appear to have learned the lesson yet, but, with your help, he will:-)

Erin {pughs' news} said...

That's wonderful Yiota. We've been watching our daffodils in the garden, and the boys were thrilled on the morning that the first one opened up. It just happened to be Dylan's birthday. He jumped up and down and said, "Mum! Look at my birthday daffodil!"

The 4 Bushel Farmgal said...

He will always remember to look for those "little surprises" that his mother introduced to him. You are also teaching him that the nature produces such beautiful things. I still look for the flowers to peek through each spring, and I remember picking flowers as I took walks with my mother.

Sherry said...

Starting life with eyes wide open...to appreciate the simple and the beautiful. Wonderful lessons!

Feline said...

Such beautiful flowers ... they always look so very happy. It's good to learn that it's the small things that matter.