Thursday 23 July 2009

Being Grateful for Good Friends



Two of my closest friends came over today, in different ways but both bearing gifts.
First 'came' my penfriend from Malaysia who's sent me a book by a Malaysian author. It was a 'surprise' parcel as she hadn't mentioned anything. She's a bookworm herself and often sends me books she'd like me to read.
Then my best friend visited us for coffee and chit-chat. We're both going through rough periods at the moment- me, for having lost my mum recently, her for something of her own- so it was good seeing her and sharing thoughts and emotions.
She also brought little one a present for his name-day which was last week. He rode his new scooter all day long and refused to stop for a photo.

2 comments:

Edgar said...

Hey I got that book too! ;-)
Almost finished it. It's fun!

Dawn said...

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your mother. I can only imagine what that is like.
Fortunately you have great friends to help you through this rough time. And your son keeps you on your toes, I'll bet! ;)