Monday 27 July 2009

Out with the Old, In with the New (or... never go shopping with hubby again!)


On Friday, we went to Ikea to buy little one a new bed. We had already chosen one, ordered the mattress and so on Friday we took the van and went to get it. Simple? That's what I thought but when we went there the assistant told us it was out of stock. Ok then, we decided to call at the shop in a few days to see if they brought it. Well, I should have known better. You see, my husband is a shopaholic; there's no way he'll leave a place without buying anything. So while we were heading towards the exit he saw another bed, nothing similar to what we'd chosen. (I suppose I need to explain what kind of bed I wanted: four pieces of wood that would basically be a box for the mattress to sit on, with legs so that I can mop under it and no other pieces of wood around it so I could easily throw a bedspread on it.) You should have seen how ecstatic father and son were! This one had steps to climb on and enough space below to sit and play and build a fort and ...and... I'm not saying I didn't like it but I said it was dangerous for a 4-and-a-half-year-old to sleep at a height of 116cm protective barriers or not.
In the end, my son's excitement and the possibility to reverse it convinced me to buy it. There's no way I would have bought it if I were on my own though.
Serves me right. Now I'll have to get used to the idea that I'll bump my head every time I want to make the bed....that is, twice every day!!!

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Haha, well, let the boys have some fun. It's important for the father to also feel he has an influence in the kid's life (even if secretly you relaly make all of the decisions! :) )