Tuesday 21 June 2011

this is it!

            (from the kindergarten end-of-year play)

The time has come; we're packing!
We're going home - hopefully, not only for the summer!

I think one of the wisest decisions I made when we first came here in September was to opt for the fastest internet connection around here.

I'm so grateful I discovered blogging about two years ago. You all kept me great company, especially over the long winter months; and they were really long at times!

Autumn was better, with the explorations and walks by the river!

Now we're more than ready to go back home.
I have big (inexpensive) plans for this summer. I'm thinking of changing the colour schemes in our place; make everything brighter. And since crocheting is out of the question for the summer (too hot for this), sewing a couple of throws sounds like a good plan to me. It's high time I finished this one for instance; I bought the fabrics last August!



Ok then! I sorted all my books and work stuff yesterday.
Now I need to go declutter my son's toys. This is a tricky one: if I do it with him, he'll want to keep everything; if I do it on my own, it won't be fair to him. I think I'll go half-way and do the first round on my own (discreetly) and then call him over.

Take Care!
I'll talk to you next week from the headquarters.
xxx

(PS. Lucy, if you're reading this, I can't leave a comment on your blog; I tried everything, but blogger doesn't 'see' me in this comment layout. That's why I changed to a pop-up window)

15 comments:

jabblog said...

Enjoy your summer break - you've earned it!

christina said...

i here the excitement and happiness in your voice.
oh i can't wait to hear all about this.
xo

Marigold Jam said...

You sound so excited - have a wonderful summer break and hopefully you won't need to leave home again. I hope that you will still keep in touch even if you are busy at home and not somewhere you don't want to be!! Thanks for your comments - I can't see any of my followers on my blog just a big white space!

Dawn said...

I'm sure you are happy to be heading home! Thanks for stopping by today, I'm always so happy to see a comment from you, friend!
xoxo Dawn

MYstory of HIStory said...

Hooraaay - You're homeward bound! So happy for you!

Birdie said...

Your excitement is contagious :-) have a wonderful summer and keeping my fingers crossed you may stay back home the next school year! hugs!

Unknown said...

Lovely time Yiota!
PS My method for decluttering my daughters stuff was to do it when she wasn't there, put everything in a box. If she hadn't noticed them missing after a week or so they would go. Anything she missed I could pull back out!
Good luck with it all!

The 4 Bushel Farmgal said...

You'll be so busy for the next few weeks....packing up here, settling back in at home. I'm so happy for you!
Wishing you a smooth trip :)

Happy@Home said...

Yippee for you to finally be able to go home. I can tell you are very excited. Enjoy!!

Feline said...

Have a wonderful, wonderful summer. Paws crossed for being able to stay home.

Tracy said...

Hearing you sound so happy Yiota makes us so happy too! So happy for you... Wishing all the best as you make ready to go home. Enjoy this summer... That throw/quilt in progress--the most lovely of colors! Can't wait to see it finished. :o) ((HUGS))

Lisa said...

Finally!

Jenny Woolf said...

Glad you're going home! It is such a lovely feeling to get back,

Lynne said...

So glad you're going home. Have a wonderful summer!

Lucy Caitlin Higham said...

Hello Yiota, Thank you for trying to leave a comment - I will try to change to a pop-up window if that solves this problem. I am happy that you are going home! Wishing you a safe return!
Lucy xxxxxxx