Friday 4 September 2009

You've got Mail!

Well, I got mail yesterday; real mail, that is. My friend from Malaysia sent me these two books.
The first one is called Lethal Lesson and other stories. The author is called Adeline Lee Zhia Ern and is 18 years old!!! I haven't begun reading yet as I'm very busy these days. I'll tell you more when I do. Read more here. (scroll down the page)

The other one is Ah Fu the Rickshaw Coolie by Choong Kwee Kim, a tale for people of all ages as I'm reading at the back cover. We read it with little one and it was very amusing. The illustrations are wonderful!






There was also a cute little card for me.



I love getting mail!
Have a happy weekend everyone!
Work starts next week!
PS. For cooking fans, there's a bread recipe on my Jamie Oliver little blog. Just click on the picture with the omelette on the sidebar.

4 comments:

Courtney at SL's No Ennui said...

Oh, thank you for sharing! What wonderful MAIL! I would love to get that kind of mail...

Do fill us in on the teenage author's book. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the illustrations you shared from the Rickshaw book!

P.S. I was Elizabeth Bennett, too! The only questions that stumped me was, Which actress would portray you. I don't know my actresses very well, so I was googling them all. I finally just picked one with my eyes closed :)

MYstory of HIStory said...

So fun to get surprises in the mail. Hmmm - makes me want to pick someone who would least expect it...& brighten their day in a similar way!

Anonymous said...

oh what lovely pressies in the mail. the books look fascinating.

Marigold Jam said...

I have been catching up on your blogs - sadly neglected these past couple of weeks. I tried your Jane Austen quiz and find I am Elinor Dashwood - but as I am not that familiar with JA's books I am not sure whether I should be pleased or not!

Love your gifts - enjoy your friendship with your penpal. Our visitors were an old penpal and her husband and we first knew each other by mail over 50 years ago!

I must say how I agree with you when you say in a aprevious post that you like to travel and to see the real places not just the bits that are on the tourist trail.

Jane